Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 9 Weigh In

With all of my issues with food this week, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Would I lose weight due to the increased training and a few days of not eating enough?  Would I gain weight due to the increase in daily calories I started to consume?

Well...it ends up that I gained a pound.  The scale read 163.5.  It's still 7.5 pounds down since Jan 1, so I'm not too disappointed.  Also, I believe I need to stop concentrating on losing weight and just concentrate on the marathon training.  I'll monitor my weight to ensure I don't gain too much weight (it will be more difficult to run the long distance while carrying more weight) and I'll monitor my daily calories to ensure I'm eating enough.  However, I have set my daily calories higher to ensure my body gets the fuel it needs right now.

No comments: