Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another Local May Marathon

So...I was looking at the Marathon Calendar in this month's Runner's World, and saw that there is another local marathon on May 4.

The Potomac River Run starts in Belle Haven Park - just south of Alexandria, VA. The website states that this is a "shady, paved course through forest alongside Potomac River and George Washington Memorial Parkway" which sounds great! However, when I looked at the course map I see that the marathon is an "out-and-back-and-out-and-back" course (i.e. a half marathon "out-and-back" course that you do twice)

Psychologically, when I get back to the start of the course after the first 13.1 miles, I'm not sure I'm going to want to turn around and do it again...

Has anyone run this race? Should I go for this one or stick with Frederick?

No comments: