Friday, January 4, 2008

Frederick Marathon

Today's Total Calorie Intake:  1734

I think I'm pretty committed to train for the Frederick Marathon right now.  It is on May 4, which is 18 weeks away, and this corresponds to the training plan that I have chosen.  I'm motivated right now and with the blog it looks like I'll have a great support team behind me.

I'm not going to sign up just yet.  I want to ensure that I don't get injured or that I find it too difficult to train in the winter months.  Also, the cost of registration doesn't go up until March 31 (I have already missed the early registration Dec 31 cut off) and that would be a few days after my 18 mile long run...if I make it that far!

BTW - have any of you run the Frederick Marathon?  How hilly is it?  Should I make one of my weekly workouts a hill program on the treadmill or try to find a hill in the neighborhood to do a few hill repeats after a weekly run?

No comments: