Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Speedwork This Morning

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake: 1792
(Exercise Calories: 393)
Total Net Calories: 1399

This morning's workout was a 5 mile run. I've decided to try to do speedwork with the middle run of each week, so today I ran a 5-interval Yasso 800 workout. I hit the gym instead of the track due to the wind...it was actually quite mild this morning (about 45 degrees) but with wind gusts up to 25 mph. I also have an issue with going to the track for speedwork when it is dark - my HRM does not have a backlight so I have no idea what my pace is or what my heart rate is until I'm standing under a light...pretty annoying!

My splits today were 4:25, 4:24, 4:24, 4:29, 4:26 - however, my heart rate kept climbing throughout the workout. At the end of the last interval my heart rate was at 181 - 97% of my max heart rate. So I probably ran these a bit faster than I should have. We'll see how it goes the next few weeks and if I can keep the same pace with my heart rate not spiking up so high.

I listened to The Rolling Stones "Exile on Main Street". This is a great rock-n-roll album, but the earbuds from my iPod did not give this music justice! Partly due to the background noise at the gym and partly due to the fact that the sound from the earbuds is not rich enough. When I came home I pumped up this album on my home stereo speakers during breakfast...much better!

No comments: