Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Family Garbage Disposal

Yesterday's Total Calorie Intake:  ??????

One behavior that counting calories has helped me avoid is being the "family garbage disposal".  Basically, I would eat whatever food was left on the plates of my wife and kids after they had finished eating.  This had pretty much stopped over the past three weeks, but I relapsed yesterday at Ben's Deli.

The kids barely ate their meals and since we don't get to eat a kosher meat meal in a restaurant too often I "went to town"!  I have no idea what the final calorie count would be, but after I finished my half of the Roumanian steak with sauteed onions and my half of a kasha knish (Sherry and I split our entree and side), I ate half a hot dog, a healthy amount of a potato latka and a few chicken tenders.  Luckily, I started out with a clean slate today!

No comments: