Monday, January 14, 2008

Improving Aerobic Fitness

It's great when you can see your aerobic fitness levels improve - both in the feeling when you are running and in the data that is collected.

My run this morning was on the treadmill (it's cold and rainy outside...a combination I do not like!)...a 3 mile "easy" run.  Exactly two weeks ago, doing the same 3 miles on the treadmill, my pace was 11:35 min/mile with an average heart rate of 150 bpm.  This morning, my pace was 10:51 min/mile with an average heart rate of 145 bpm!!  Woohoo!  Also, it was my first sub-11 min mile pace training run of this program (with the exception of the interval training).  I'll have to look back in my log to see how far into my 1/2 marathon programs it took me to get to this fitness level, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't two weeks in.  The extra day of running is most likely helping me.

This morning's music was brought to you by Lenny Kravitz...his debut album "Let Love Rule".  The track "Mr. Cab Driver" is about racial prejudice...this got me wondering whether enough progress has been made in the 19 years since this album was released (wow!  unbelievable it has been 19 years...) such that Barak Obama will actually have a chance to be elected president.

This morning was also my week 2 weigh in.  I stayed the same as last week at 167.5 lbs.  I'm not getting discouraged, though, as I can already start to feel my pants fitting better (there are still a few pairs that are too tight, but it's only been two weeks).  Also, with losing over 3 pounds last week, this now puts my average weight loss per week between 1-2 pounds which is where it should be.  No worries...

No comments: