Saturday, January 5, 2008

BRRRRRR...

I ran outside this morning for my long run.  The NOAA site for Gaithersburg said it was 20 degrees at 7am this morning when I ventured outside.  YIKES!

I don't mind running in the cold (as long as it is not windy), however, the first 10-15 minutes of the run are always tough.  I end up running faster than I should to warm myself up.  I noticed it again this morning and tried to slow myself down every few minutes to ensure I was running a good comfortable pace to cover the 6 miles I was scheduled to run.

I enjoyed two classic Israeli albums on my run - HaChalonot HaGvohim (kinda sounds like an Israeli version of the Mamas and the Papas) and BaDeshe Etzel Avigdor.  Both feature Arik Einshtein who has been involved in Israeli popular music for at least 40 years!

I ran a loop course on the main streets surrounding the perimeter of my neighborhood and through and adjacent neighborhood.  Not very scenic, but it does the trick for now.




No comments: